You know those beautiful rooms you see on HGTV shows and in Crate & Barrel catalogs? Who wouldn’t want to live there? Home staging – the process of preparing a home for the real estate market by enhancing its appeal – can make your home look just like that.
Staging may involve many techniques, from moving or removing furniture and other items in a home.
Or replacing furniture with selected pieces that make the space more inviting and attractive. And you can stage your home whether it’s vacant or occupied.
Home staging is one of the best strategies for getting your home sold. Whether you decide to stage your home on your own or with the help of a professional, the benefits speak for themselves.
Here are five reasons why you should consider staging your home before putting it on the market.
1. Staged homes sell faster than non-staged homes. A 2011 Home Gain survey found that staged homes spend 83 percent less time on the market than un-staged homes.
It’s true that the longer the house sits on the market, the harder it can be to sell. Getting your house sold as soon as possible and at the right price. Allowing you and your family to move on with the next phase of your life.
2. Get a better price for your home. According to the 2015 NAR Profile of Home Staging, staged homes sell for up to 15% more money than non-staged homes. That can be a big difference no matter what your price.
3. Home staging will pay for itself. While homeowners will need to invest money in home staging in the beginning, it’s well worth the cost.
A 2012 Home Gain survey of showed that do-it-yourself staging resulted in a return on investment of up to 196 percent. Working with a professional could net even more. For many of those homeowners, the house might not have sold without the staging.
4. Highlight your home’s best features. The real estate market is competitive with potential buyers looking for their dream homes. Staging brings your home closer to that ideal by highlighting the features that everyone is seeking. A quality staging job can turn an ordinary home into a must-have home.
5. Appeal to the greatest number of buyers. Staging a home makes it easier for potential buyers to envision themselves living in it. People start to imagine the kind of lifestyle they could have if they lived in this fabulous place. The look that staging creates can help prospective buyers connect with the home at an emotional level.
Adorning your home with well-designed, high-quality furniture and accessories in attractive colors can make a big difference in how soon you’re able to sell your home.
Home staging has become a full-fledged business that generates creative ways to make homes sell sooner.
Recently professional home stagers have refined their staging strategies to maximize a homes appeal.
If you decide to stage your home, you may want to stage the entire home. You can also choose to stage only the key rooms that buyers are most interested in; the living room, master bedroom and bathroom. You know your home is a great place to live. Home staging can convince the right buyer of the same.
We look forward to hearing from you!