Whether you’re tracking your own busy schedule or trying to maintain the schedule of the whole family, the best home scheduling apps will help you keep track of every activity, meeting and lunch date on your tablet or smartphone.
Freebie Calendar Apps
If your family is always on-the-go: Cozi (for Android and IPhone) is an award-winning app designed to easily manage the scheduling needs of the entire family. Access your information through your computer, tablet or smartphone and sync your appointments with Microsoft Outlook and other internet calendars.
- Access a centralized calendar
- Receive appointment reminders via text or email
- Manage your shopping and to-do lists
- Maintain a family journal
If you like the simple life: aCalendar by Tapir Apps UG (for Android) is another free app full of great features that make it easy to manage your schedule. And features intuitive navigation that allows you to change views with vertical and horizontal swipes across the screen. What’s more it offers several key features for optimal organization. You can:
- Color-code your events and appointments
- Create a QR barcode, and share events with friends
- Share text and files
- Incorporate birthdays and anniversaries (and photos) from your address book
Or if you like paper calendars: Jorte by Jorte, Inc. (for Android) offers the same look and functionality of a paper personal organizer. But it is lighter, less bulky and easier to navigate with the tap of a finger. Jorte syncs with Google Calendar. Not only that, it will
- Customize your calendar by choosing the first day of your week, color-coding your appointment and tasks and changing the display colors
- Control the app using Google Voice
- Adjust the calendar screen for a wider view by turning the device on its side
Premium Calendar Apps That Do It All
Fantastical by Flexbits Inc. ($4.99; for iPhone, iPad touch and iPad) is a fast, easy-to-use calendar app that shows you all of your color-coded appointments for the day, week and month. Now comes the best part.
- Add events quickly by simply speaking the details of the event in English, French, German, Italian or Spanish.
- Additionally, you can see and edit your calendar without even opening the app.
CalenGoo by Dominque Andre Gunia ($5.99) for Android; $6.99 for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad) syncs with Android Calendar and Google Calendar. And your iOS calendars for those using Apple products. CalenGoo focuses on flexibility:
- Easily drag and drop a scheduled event to a different time
- Zoom and pan through each month to get an overview of what’s schedules
- Attach photos and PDF files to events.
Organizer by Aesthology Inc. ($7.99; for iPhone and iPad) allows you to enter text, events or diagrams; insert maps and voice memos; enter handwritten notes and drawings, and manage your to-do-list. Organizer syncs with your iCloud Calendar, Google Calendar and others. Additionally the app offers many of the standard features of other calendar apps, such as scheduling recurring events, syncing data, setting reminders and importing and editing events.
Optimize Your Family Calendar
- Include standing appointments such as work, school, meals, etc.
- Note any family vacations, sports tournaments and games or weekly or monthly commitments.
- Have a family meeting to discuss important upcoming events and settle any conflicts.
- Check the calendar before agreeing to do something in order to prevent conflicts later.
Time is spent each week researching and writing enchanting articles on real estate trends for you. I hope you enjoyed this weeks article. Share it with friends and family. We’re counting on you.
Any questions? Would you like to chat? Call me at 415 378-6614 or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.